Gas prices always go up in the summer. Combat those prices with a few tips:
- Driving safely saves gas. Speeding, rapid acceleration and braking can lower gas mileage by about 1/3 on the highway and 5% around town.
- Avoid idling whenever possible and remove any excess weight in the car.
- Use cruise control on the highway. Maintaining a constant speed in most cases saves gas.
- Overdrive gears also save gas and reduce engine wear. Engine speed goes down when the car is in o-drive.
- Keep tires properly inflated. Replace tires as needed.